My whole life I've had incredibly detailed, vivid dreams. I thought I'd share some of these as they often are interesting stories to tell. Some of them are surprisingly dark and gory while others are harmless and silly.

These are real dreams I've had! They sometimes don't make sense. Also, I'm not a writer so don't expect poetry here.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your reactions so please leave comments!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The King of Pop


Intro: It's the oldest dream I can remember. It takes place in the only shopping mall that existed in the city I grew up in at the time, The Naugatuck Valley Mall. I was really obsessed with Michael Jackson and his movie Moonwalker. I used to cry watching this movie. On to the dream..

My mom was getting a perm at the salon on the mall, as she normally did in waking life. My dad, grandmother, and sister were waiting for her by the water fountain located inbetween the hair salon and Filene's. The water fountain was so powerful, loud, and blue. I could see thousands of wishes thrown into the fountain. I was bored so I asked my dad for a quarter to throw into the fountain. He wouldn't give me one and I didn't understand why not. I was an annoying kid so I threw a hissy fit and started to cry. All I wanted was some stupid change to throw into the fountain.

And then, it happened. Just like Jesus was appearing out of thin air, a bright shining light came towards me. I saw a human figure, the light was dimming. There he was. Freaking Michael Jackson!!!!

Softly he said, "Hi Jalah! What's the matter? Why are you crying?" He was wearing all black leather with accents of metallic bolts and studs.
"I just wanted a quarter to throw into the fountain..." I said pathetically.
"Is that all you want? Well here you go."

From his change holder on his belt he released 3 brand new shiny quarters that flew into the air. He spun around and stopped facing me grabbing his crotch in his signature Michael move, catching the quarters mid air. I was astonished. My mind was exploding.

He handed me the quarters as my eyes filled with tears of happiness. I could hardly catch my breath to say anything. I walked to him and gave him a hug, still unable to speak and he hugged me back. He was starting to walk away back into the white light of God. Suddenly, he stops. He makes a face as if he forgot something.

"Oh, and you can have these too."
He released about 500 dollars worth of quarters from his change holder on his belt.

I nearly died.

FYI: I was probably about 6 years old when I had this dream.

1 comment:

  1. I just cried..from laughing so hard.

    There is nothing unrealistic about this dream...this is exactly what would have happened had Michael visited the Naugatuck Valley Mall near the Filene's entrance.

    ReplyDelete