My whole life I've had incredibly detailed, vivid dreams. I thought I'd share some of these as they often are interesting stories to tell. Some of them are surprisingly dark and gory while others are harmless and silly.

These are real dreams I've had! They sometimes don't make sense. Also, I'm not a writer so don't expect poetry here.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your reactions so please leave comments!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Russian Invasion


Night of 1.17.2010


It was a very stressful day in the office. I was looking over print ads for approval, getting last minute changes made. I was in a position I currently strive to be in, in the advertising industry. I was on my feet, collaborating with colleagues, brainstorming, using my brain in general. Lunchtime passed and I was still hard at work.

Around three-o-clock I went out for a walk to distress and grab a bite to eat. The lunchtime crowd had died down. In the distance looking west on 42nd street from 3rd Avenue, I saw some sort of commotion. I acknowledged the oddness of the number of people outside than there normally would be but disregarded it due to my hectic day and I really just wanted to eat something.

As I’m in the café deciding what I want to order I sense a nervous tone amongst the people inside. Suddenly people group together tightly, holding hands looking for companionship and head east. The commotion from the west side had caught up to us. I step outside the café, look up to see the once blue sky, now filled with Russian bomber planes. There were so many of them, wings touching corner to corner. I looked around me. There were Russian soldiers on foot with machine guns and rocket launchers waiting for opposition.

A group of about 10 men and woman, all older than me, looked to me for guidance. I guided the group for a few minutes and spotted a tunnel for hideout until I could decide what to do. The group and I were all in talks of confusion of what was happening.

The light at the end of the tunnel was darkened by a Russian soldier and his rocket launcher. I screamed and waved my hands to signal that we were civilians. I saw the expression on his face so clearly, so empty. He had a mission to fulfill. I screamed and my eyes began to water.

We were dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment